I learnt from my time at The-Neighbourhood that Realflow (particle simulation engine) can be used to create complicated and realistic water effects. This software is largely used in the VFX industry to create such effects for films and simulations.
I’ve spent some time learning this software and I’m happy to post my first results!
Using 3DS Max allowed me to use 3rd party render engines, giving me fantastic results! Although importing Realflow simulations does not support motion blur, I found rendering a short sequence then bluing them together afterwards created a similar result.
Crystals infused with metal. A clean lit scene with a glowing orange rock in the center. I’v started exploring further into the uses of displacement maps, the rock and metal fragments are created from different maps. Originally just spheres. The crystals were generated and then I moved them so they radiate outwards from the orange glow, drawing your eyes into it.
For my first project at MMU we were tasked to create an alphabet set. The alphabet must be created from modular pieces. For my project I looked into the expression of swift calligraphy. The end product had to show our alphabet pieces on a poster.
Short personal project during my time at The-Neighbourhood. I wanted to create a modern apartment, using assets I was able to compile the scene quickly. This was my first project using the Vray render engine. I encountered many problems, mainly noise and grain issues. Eventually my render time came to 2.5 hours.
In post, I used an Amsterdam backdrop that fitted the scene perfectly, so my apartment was relocated to Amsterdam.
Stockport college took our art group to London to explore galleries and sights. Some galleries didn’t allow photography however the Saatchi gallery did which to my luck was my favorite gallery of the trip. I prefer modern art over more traditional art. The majority of modern art is based on similar techniques used in traditional art but applied in a different way or media. I found the London trip overall really inspiring. I would have sat down and made some sketches for myself if I had more time. I took my camera and tried to take as many photos as I could to record my findings.
This drawing was done in manga studio 5, it took about 4 hours, probably the hardest part was getting the facial features in the correct position.