For my first project at MMU we were tasked to create an alphabet set. The alphabet must be created from modular pieces. For my project I looked into the expression of swift calligraphy. The end product had to show our alphabet pieces on a poster.
Using a graphics tablet input I am able to draw directly into the computer. Whilst browsing Tumblr I noticed a popular theme for deer. I decided to draw one in my own style. There is a simple outline in white, that without would make the shaded parts harder to understand. These lines are what balance out the image from the edge of the image. The simple pale colour scheme reflects on the gentleness of the deer itself. This project took about 1.5 hours.
A Commission found by my Partner, for her old pub job. Feedback was very positive and was great seeing my work printed out and placed around the venue. I went for a slightly grungy vintage theme and made sure the text popped with bright colours.
Imagine forgetting your identity, loosing yourself. Going missing. Family and friends would worry where you are, report you missing. You wouldn’t remember anything of your previous life, completely unaware you are living a new identity, or maybe an old identity, someone you used to be. My college project themed “Identity” is about finding your previous identity through clues your family and friends have placed. Graphics and photography based I have expressed some clues as missing posters placed around my college, with myself being the subject.
This project was largely inspired by the artist Victor Vasarely. The combination of simple shapes and working colour schemes really strike out to me as bold and bright. I was very interested in how Victor Vasarelys work tricked the eye using negative and positive space to produce shapes our brain recognizes, I thought this is really clever and the use of illusions in art should be used more commonly to add depth on a mental level. Victor’s Cube pieces really took my attention, after developing research I created a working pattern I could then use consistently throughout the project, this was one of the main running elements that ran through the stationary set as well as the wine bottle. Im pleased with the result especially the colour combination I chose inspired by Victor Vasarely.